David's Blog

Living a quiet life in Coquitlam, B.C.

Name:
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's Hard to See What Goes On in Muddy Waters

I finally finished reading the latest book I had picked up:

“The Early History of Rome”
by Livy
Books I - V of The History of Rome from its Foundations

Translated by Aubrey de Selincourt
With an Introduction by R. M. Ogilvie
and a Preface and Additional Material by S. P. Oakley
Penguin Books
(Penguin Classics)
2002
London


In addition, I found the source for the expression about muddy waters I have been seeking for a long time:

Page 243, first paragraph.
Spoken by Lucius Cornelius Maluginensis
“I can but suppose they are trusting to the fact that what goes on in a muddy stream is less easily detected.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home